If you do not have a job and you are between 17 – 64 years old, you can register as unemployed at the Economic Development Office, also known as the TE offices​.

When you go to the TE offices for the first time, please bring the following documents:
  • passport or a certificate issued by the police indicating temporary seizure of passport 

  • South Karelia TE-office
    Address: Villimiehenkatu 2 B
    53100 Lappeenranta

    South Karelia TE-office
    Address Tainionkoskentie 70
    55120 Imatra